Sage Stallone, Sylvester Stallone’s son with his first wife Sasha Czack, was found dead in his Hollywood apartment on Friday after accidentally overdosing on pills. TMZ says:
Sage Stallone was dead in his room for a minimum of 3-4 days and possibly as long as a week.
Our sources [say] Sage often spent days in his room which was “littered with… an enormous number of cigarette butts, beer and soda cans.”
There were two drawers filled with various pill bottles, some of which were “huge.”
Sage was living like a hermit … no one had spoken with him since a week ago Friday. Although the housekeeper had been there earlier this week, she had specific ongoing instructions never to enter Sage’s room.
One law enforcement source called the room “disgusting,” saying it reeked of various smells.
It’s sad, because no parent should have to bury a child, but this couldn’t have come as a shock to anyone. I’m guessing the “foregoing all human contact to chain-smoke in his own filth for days at a time” probably raised a few red flags, in the same way that the drawers full of giant pill bottles and empty beer cans raised a few flags. Just sad.