Lisa Rinna’s Lips at the Lone Ranger Premiere
Lisa Rinna Huge Lips
I wonder if they made Lisa Rinna’s lips RSVP to the premiere separately. She looks like she was hosed down with flesh-colored latex paint before she hit the red carpet.
How to Maximize Your Own Lips’ Volume and Lushness WITHOUT the Use of Dermal Fillers and Collagen Implants:
1. EXFOLIATE: Just like your skin, your lips needs exfoliating, too. Sloughing away dead cells will make the lips appear plumper because smooth lips reflect light more evenly. Smoother lips also appear more hydrated, and moist always = youthful. Whereas dry and wrinkled always = old. ALWAYS.
- Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant ($16) is a
skin-softening scrub that sloughs away dryness with raw sugar and replenishes with pure maracuja oil for soft, smooth lips.
2. ANTI-AGING TREATMENT: Before you do anything, see Step 1. It’s a must. Exfoliating your lips will also allow for better penetration of any lip treatment you use, which will give you better results. And you want to use lip treatments. They can boost your own collagen production and accelerate cell turnover for added smoothness and suppleness.
- Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle® Lip ($30) is a patent-pending blend of eight powerful anti-aging peptides and neuropeptides that increase lip volume and improve the definition of the lip line, leaving lips fuller, smoother, and more youthful looking. Yes, yes and YES, please.
3. MOISTURIZE: Um, duh. But you’d be surprised how many people don’t think to do it. After exfoliating and applying your lip treatment, slather on a heavy-duty moisturizer to seal everything in overnight.
- La Mer The Lip Balm is a potent concentration of Crème de la Mer’s Miracle Broth™ — marine extracts, botanicals and vitamins — that seals dry lips and keeps lips from cracking. ($50)
4. PROTECT: Lips take UV damage, too. Find a gloss with a built-in sunscreen for added pout protection.
- Miracle Skin Transformer’s Lip Rewind Advanced Peptide Lip Treatment Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($24) injects your lips with hyaluronic acid and boosts collagen while broad-spectrum sun protection and antioxidant-rich butters help prevent premature aging.
5. COLOR: Lighter shades always make lips appear fuller than dark colors, and the shinier and glossier the color, the fuller your lips will seem. Some glosses to try:
- Givenchy Gelée D’Interdit Smoothing Gloss Balm Crystal Shine has dehydrated hyaluronic microspheres that slip into the lips’ fine lines and increase their volume by up to 50 times for an instantly smoother and plumper lips. ($29)
- Buxom® Full-On™ Lip Polish tingles and makes lips look plump and shimmery. ($19)
- Fail-safe: Dior’s Addict Lip Glow is a universally flattering shade that adjusts with every skintone to create a unique color on the lips while also moisturizing and smoothing and generally being awesome. ($30)
- Bobbi Brown’s Lip Gloss ($24) is formulated with avocado, jojoba and chamomile oils and a hint of vanilla so your lips actually taste as delicious as they look. Easily the broadest range of pinks of any cosmetics line. One of my faves!